Sunday, April 18, 2010

As Long as I Need To



Hello hello passerbyers!

I created this blog back in March 2009 to guest post for HawaiianFire but afterwards never put it to much use. I have a blog from high school full of emotional teenage ramblings, I have a different blog in the healthy gym rat community and I have a series of video blogs where I talked about absolutely nothing but people seemed to like them a lot. I realized, however, that I do not have a normal blog where I could just write about things that happen or whatever I'm thinking.
Now I did not find this a problem until after this past weekend, where there were signs pointing (or rather, throwing rocks at my head) to tell me to keep one. Like a kid I knew on the bus that seemed surprised that I don't keep a blog even though I'm a writer. Or that my friends have blogs and I randomly come across them and I'm just think to myself, goodness I should keep one!

Enough of this rambling. I'll probably write a lot today, and maybe write a post each day this week and then gradually it'll be less and less until I disappear for good but then suddenly show back up again one day in full spirits. Isn't it pathetic how well I know myself. But that's something good to know about me, even you happen to not know me at all:
I always come back.


I was in the middle of doing homework on the Sunday of a wonderful relaxing weekend when I started to browse DeviantArt to see what these kids were doing this these and if they happened to create How To Train Your Dragon fanart yet, since the movie has been out for nearly a month already. Goodness did they ever =)

I've got to hand it to these kids, some people have a lot of talent AND lot of time on their hands. I can't draw to save my life so nor the time to practice so I'm glad somebody can fill my fangirl squeals for me.

There is just something about this movie that resonated with me from the moment I first saw the trailer last Christmas morning when I saw Sherlock Holmes. *gets glossy look over eyes* It was the original trailer, the one that starts off with Hiccup saying, "This

is my home.." By the time this wonderfully animated Dragon feeds Hiccup the other half of his fish I was a goner. But it was at 1:38 into the trailer where Toothless sat down on his hind legs and that piano music started playing, I get shivers and goosebumps every time.



So I'm a sucker for fantasy movies and books. I'm a sucker for the underdog in a brilliant and beautiful world where everyone has cool costumes! But mainly I'm a sucker for the creative, passionate, intelligent, inventor main lead character.

Basil from The Great Mouse Detective! Flint Lockwood from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs! There's a bunch more but Hiccup is probably one of the best and most perfect examples. He's the Norwegian (I like to think of course) form of a geeky kid who uses his mind and talent and good heart to save the world! Or at least his own town.

One of my favorite scenes is when Astrid is flying with Toothless and Hiccup for the first time, and Toothless flies above the clouds and they see the Aurora Borealis, because they are so far north they are able to. Now, if you know me pretty well, you know that I have this unfathomably deep fascination with the Aurora. My favorite books, the His Dark Materials series talks a lot about it and the British title of The Golden Compass was The Northern Lights. So that moment in the movie really stuck out to me.

I love this movie because it’s something I wish I wrote. It has the same feeling that I will spend the rest of my life trying to give to other people.

Overall this was a huge rant about how much I loved this movie. Loved it so much that I went out and bought a Toothless big ass stuffed animal and shirt and DS game and the soundtrack is on my Amazon birthday wish list and ect. I cannot wait to see it again =)

That's enough for right now I think; hopefully I'll be back soon!

Hobey ho!

Zoë


No comments:

Post a Comment